Welcome to WOLBI.CA
Discounts & Deadlines
Students who apply, are accepted, and submit a $250 confirmation fee prior to the following dates will receive the allotted scholarship towards their tuition:
- October 28- $750
- November 28- $600
- December 28- $550
- January 28- $500
- February 28- $450
- March 28- $400
- April 28- $300
- May 28- $200
- June 28- $100
1. Each applicant must be at least 17 years of age at the time of registration.
2. Since the Bible Institute is a post secondary institution, each application must be a high shool graduate, have obtained a GED or have met the requirements of New York State (or their state or province) regarding High School completion by the time they enroll for their first semester. Home school applicants may take the GED or submit the Home School Verification Form along with a transcript using the Sample Transcript Form.
3. Transcripts are required for all secondary and post-secondary education.
4. Each applicant must be in agreement with Word of Life’s Statement of Faith and signify a willingness to abide by its Standard of Conduct.
5. Each applicant must give testimony to being born again and indicate a sincere desire to study the Word of God.
6. A confirmation deposit of $250 is required of all accepted applicants to secure on-campus housing and to solidify attendance. This deposit is treated as a tuition payment and will be credited toward the first semester school bill.
The Word of Life Bible Institutes Canadian extension was instituted to provide for the needs of students and the church in Canada. For this reason, only a limited number of students are accepted from outside of Canada. It should also be noted that Citizenship and Immigration Canada may not permit someone from your country to travel to Canada to attend our school. Please visit their website (www.cic.gc.ca) for more details and information about your country.
International students, including those from the US, are advised to make early contact with the Admissions Department at the Canadian extension campus. Applicants are advised to adhere to the following procedures:
1. Complete and return the application, autobiography, picture, and two reference forms. The Word of Life Bible Institute extension in Canada cannot issue an acceptance letter without this information.
2. Recommendation from Word of Life Country Director and/or International Student Advisor (please contact RebeccaMenkveld@wol.ca for information)
3. If an applicants primary language is not English, take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and submit those scores to the Admissions Department in Canada. For more information on TOEFL, see www.toefl.org.
4. Submit high school and any post-secondary transcripts. The Bible Institute may request a certified translation of such transcripts.
5. Provide proof of health insurance for the time you will be a student.
6. Submit funds to be held on deposit for tuition, room and board, and return transportation. Additionally, provide evidence of sufficient funds or financial support to pay incidental expenses.
7. Obtain a Study Permit from the Canadian Consulate. See the Canadian governments website at www.cic.gc.ca for up-to-date details. An applicant will need to provide the Canadian government with the following:
A. An acceptance letter from the Bible Institutes Canadian extension
B. Proof of health insurance
C. Evidence of sufficient funds or financial support to pay for the year at the Bible Institute which may be a letter from the Bible Institute that the funds are already on deposit.
Word of Life Bible Institute is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), [15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551; Telephone: (434) 525-9539; e-mail: email@example.com] having been awarded Reaffirmation II of its Accredited Status as a Category I Institution by the TRACS Accreditation Commission on November 6, 2012. This status is effective for a period of ten years. TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
Transfer to other schools: Depending upon the anticipated course of study and academic record, two years of credit are normally granted by most Christian colleges.